Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Been a Year Break


Well, how about that. I took a year off with no warning and then I came back with no warning. Not sure how long this will last though. I am a busy bee these days. Not only am I still working on the house (this half bath is going to make me lose my sanity I think) and started a new business in January of this year. I am now the proud owner of Calm Seas Business Services, LLC. Which is right now just a name of a business because I have not had time to get a customer. I am not sure how to even go about getting one, but I have a business and once I find another business in need of an accountant/bookkeeper I will be set. 

In other news, I am still at my old job which I still hate passionately. It pays the bills and thus I stay. Year after mind & sanity sucking year. For some fun news, I am remodeling my bathroom. Not the master bathroom yet. I WILL be doing that one, but I have to do the half bath downstairs so I know what I am up against. Get a little practical experience under my belt before I go doing a massive remodel upstairs. 

So far, the project has been crazy. Here is the lowdown. My totally yucky blah half bathroom before pictures.....



Seriously who puts in a red laminated counter top?



Corner of the mirror. I think I shall paint the mirror black.


I dislike the brown trim. I want to paint it white to match the rest of the rooms in the house.


I see you trying to look at that "awesome" floor in there. It is indeed linoleum flooring that is supposed to look like parquet flooring. Yikes. And it shows the 30 years or so of dirt no matter how much you clean it.


And have I even mentioned my super "special" light fixture above the mirror. I suppose it is supposed to look like flowers or something, but they look like creepy claws. Creepy I say!



I am definitely going to be doing some tile in there. I have some big plans you see. I want to do a similar look to this picture I found online. I just love this bathroom and the color is perfect!


 I want a new light fixture and hopefully I can get this one.

I am going to be getting my new sink at the Habitat for Humanity Restore in town. They have sinks for about $20-$30 and will work perfect for what I need. As for the vanity, it has to go and I will be building a new one (hopefully) that looks good and is simple and pretty in it's own way. :-)

I also want to do the tile that looks like wood planks. It might make me a hypocrite to bash linoleum for looking like wood, but then I do tile that looks like wood. It might, but I don't care. I went round and round trying to decide what would look smashing in there, but wouldn't break the bank and would hold up to young sons with questionable aim at the toilet moments. 

Top the new vanity off with a pretty new facet like this one and I will be a happy camper!


 Technically I have already begun this project, but the blog is so behind I thought I would give a nice summary, and then tomorrow I can get into the nitty gritty of how I did it and the massive hurdles I have encountered so far. Til tomorrow dear readers (if I have any left after a year break)....

No comments: