Monday, April 19, 2010

The Rest of the Floor

Well, the floor is finally done. It took some time but its done!!

I was able to finish the rest of the floor with Robert's help. It took a bit more time to redo all the trim and install the transitions to the other rooms. It went really fast actually for the laying of the floor which was nice.

Funny part is that now that its done, everyone keeps hanging out in there. Nobody would do anything except eat and leave before. Now, people are drawn to the room. The kids love to play on the floor and just sit there.

I will take some final reveal photos soon. I took the bench apart and made the longer section into a straight bench and moved it to the right side of room under the large window. I moved the dining room table to where the benchseat used to bed. Now its a bit like a restaurant benchseat that way. Oddly enough, it actually opens up the room a bit and makes walking to the back sliding glass door WAY easier than it was before.

But I get ahead of myself in photos. While I have done all that, I only have pictures of the finished floor, trim, transitions etc. I will be taking more photos in the next day or two once I complete that last bit of the redo for the bench. In the meantime here are a few more photos.

No comments: