Monday, December 5, 2011

Not Gone

Sorry to do such a disappearing act, but Thanksgiving and the weeks since then have been a crazy blast of busy. Thanksgiving was a success and everyone agreed the chairs were comfortable and that everyone had lots of room at such a large table. Once Thanksgiving left the house, it has been a madhouse of stress at work, attempting to work out more nights (which means less nights in the freezing garage) and lots of projects begun.

I am trying to get more fit which means working out. I have had to sacrifice some of the evenings to work out instead of building. Since I have little to no money for new wood, this hasn't been much of an issue. BUT, I am still behind. Before the Optical Neuritis, I had a few sign orders to get out for people. Since it is nearly 3 months later, I felt really guilty. So this last weekend I got the 8 signs cut out and I am just painting them and I hope I can get them into the mail by Monday.

On top of all that, my son started a new school today which means the last week was spent trying to co-ordinate some new before and after school care for him. I am catching up though. I have nearly all the legs cut for the 10 chairs I owe my daughter's daycare. I should probably build them 12 so it will be the chairs plus interest....

Now, of all things, I find Christmas sneaking up on me. I have so much to do between now and then. We have a money tree to plant, grow and harvest so we can afford to buy presents for everyone. We have very little spare money, but Christmas IS coming and we will be seeing lots of family this year. I hate that I can't afford to get everyone sure fancy awesome stuff. :-(

So, dear readers out there, I am not lost and gone. I am simply busy with life and working out and building and kids and a million other things keeping me from actually turning on my laptop for days at a time. Bear with me because soon I will have some photos of the chairs and maybe even the signs to post. Have a great crazy December and I hope to check back soon. Or at worst, check back this weekend with an update.

Happy Building!

No comments: