Thursday, December 22, 2011

Where Did The Year Go?

It seems like only yesterday it was spring and I was looking forward to starting the playhouse castle and I was ready for summer. I blink and the castle is built and we are looking at New Years to be next week! Eeeks.

I have been quite busy between working out, wrangling kids, staying up late finishing some orders and getting the courage up to start a Facebook page for my someday business. I got the 7 signs done and all but one are in the mail. Woohoo! The background color on one was taking longer than it should to get it right. I am not very good at painting small parts without painting outside the lines. Anyway, at least those are done and I could take the time to make some cute little toddler chairs.

They are BUILT!!! I actually think they are cuter than the first set, but I am not totally sure why. They still need to be stained and sealed, but it has been REALLY cold in the garage and with Christmas shopping happening, I am not having the time. :-( But soon, (next week) they will be done and I can deliver them!


I also finally set up my Facebook page for Tabitha's Workbench. I have not put anything really on there for sale yet, but I am working my way up. My best friend's daughter actually send someone to my page and she ordered one of these toddler chairs with a small art table for her daughter. I am very excited to make it for her. While I probably didn't charge as much as I was supposed to, I am going to chalk that up to experience and a discount that hopefully will mean she can write a little paragraph about how she likes the table and chair afterwards. As I said, a work in progress. 

And Christmas is this weekend. We leave tomorrow for my in laws so don't expect another post until after the holidays are over. I am just too busy to actually sit down and type up anything. I am doing this while wrapping presents as it is. Busy busy busy.

Happy Holidays everyone! Happy building!

No comments: