Sunday, December 26, 2010

Possibly Done

They say to never bring anything inside until you are sure its done-done because otherwise you will play with it and then never complete it. That could be what is happening here. I brought the dollhouse inside because the kids wanted to play with it and we wanted to see how it looked in the room.

But I get ahead of myself. First I should show you what I did since the last time you read my blog (assuming anyone actually reads this). I painted the whole thing white.


Then I cut out and painted all the pieces for the background. I didn't actually get around to painting the top piece for the attic. My husband wants it wood colored and I wanted red. Thanks to Christmas we were unable to get out and buy any paint for that part. We had bought a small thing of purple for the bedroom, but I didn't think about needing some red until the stores were closed.



For the kitchen area I added some peel and stick tile. I wanted it to have just that little extra bit of coolness. :-)



Now, this is where I made the mistake of bringing it inside. I still needed to finish the attic and finish painting what furniture I had. But our friends were over and the kids were restless so I figured why not bring it inside. Which means the other plans I had for it like the crown moulding in the bedroom or painting on windows and art work hasnt' happened. Who knows if it ever will. Its so hard once the kids are playing with it and not noticing those things not being there, to actually make the effort to do those finishing touches.

Since I do have the attic piece of wood cut, that WILL get attached and the whole unit anchored to the wall, but we will see how long that takes me to do. I just need a little bit of red or stain it or something and nail it in there. :-) As you can see, chaos ensued after I got it inside. They had other dolls and all kinds of mischief happening before I could even get the furniture in there. Oh well, they are happy so I am happy.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, I read it! You did great here, it looks so nice!

Sawdustmomma said...

Thank you. How is Indy? I am sure as wonderful as ever! Got yourself an awesome kiddo Jennifurla!