Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What Comes Next

Apparently its not the next ROOM, but a whole house. Well, a dollhouse at least.  We came up with the idea on a whim. See, I had a vacation that turned out to be not a vacation.....well, that's another story. My husband says I should just play in the garage and try new things. I SOOOOO wanted to do that, but hey this is real life and I was just plain BROKE! So I say "Hey, how about I just see what I can build with the scrap wood in the garage only?"

And so the dream was born. Robert went online and found a picture of a dollhouse he liked for the kids. It's called the Savannah Dollhouse and it's BIG. Don't know if I am allowed to post the picture so I will skip it just in case. Just google Savannah Dollhouse and you will see it.

I asked Robert how big. He starts pointing and indicating and then before you know it....well....its going to be HUGE. Its going to be about 4 feet wide and about 5 feet tall. Large enough for both the kids to play with and not grow out of anytime soon. Its coming together, but there is still a lot of work to do. Needless to say this project has been interesting. I have learned that I had A LOT of scrap wood and I can be pretty darn creative when I need to be. Since I got all distracted and didn't have time to write a lot, I will leave you with with some pictures.

So far, my favorite part are the stairs. YES, they look a bit funny, but once they are painted white it will show off the walnut stained parts. I know I should have waited, but I really wanted to see how the walnut stain would come out. :-) Patience is NOT my middle name. But if it was, apparently it would be in all caps since I like to intersperse them in my writing so why not my name, right?!








No comments: