Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finished Bench

I finished the bench order and I am only waiting for the pickup. This makes me happy to be able to finish it up and clean up and move on to the next project.

But first. Here is the bench all shiny and pretty. The first picture is with my cell phone so not as clear. BUT, it does show the color better than the others. The flash for some reason makes it look a bit reddish when the stain is a dark walnut and not red at all.




If you look really carefully you can see the pocket screw wholes I used to attach the middle brace. Can you see it? Those tiny ovals at the bottom? At least I know they don't detract from the look since you can barely see them.


Next I REALLY need to start my chairs. I also REALLY need to clean out my garage a little and get more than a thin path to walk in there. I have decided to base it on Anna's Parson Chair plans. I don't know if I will use her plan exactly as it is, or if I will find myself changing it a little like I have her other plans. Either way, it has been a crazy weekend with my daughter's 3rd birthday party, drama at work and a raging headache that just wont go away. I am looking forward to the weekend coming up, but I am afraid it wont be any better because I have an even busier weekend planned than my week.

Go away headache, you are sooooo slowing me down!!!

No comments: