Sunday, October 23, 2011

48 Hour Days

I know you have all felt this way at one time or another. Where you have so much to do and so much you want to do, but there are only 24 hours in a day and it's just not enough. Yeah, that was my weekend! 

First off, here is a bit of happy news for me. I got my eyes checked on Friday and the doctor says that while the optical nerves are still asymmetric (so there is still a little swelling in the right eye), it is a lot better than before so there is improvement. I believe I am close to 99% of normal and while the color is still dimmed through my right eye, I am happy with the progress. The doc said that I have had great improvement in a very short amount of time and that indicated there is a VERY good chance in the next month or so as my eye continues to heal itself it may even recover completely! Wooohoo!!

The down side to having your eyes dialed on a Friday afternoon, is that your eyes are wonky for that evening and it means I lost one more evening of work time. Oh well. Saturday I was able to get the bases for the first 4 chairs stained a Dark Walnut to match the table. I spend the better part of that day cutting and sewing the slipcovers for the 3 chairs. I worked as long as I could, but somewhere in there I have to sleep. :-(

Sunday brought with it cleaning by everyone in the house which makes me super happy. I LOVE it when my house is clean and it seems to so rarely be super clean anymore. It's hard with our schedules to find the time and energy to clean house when there is so much else we would rather be doing. We also had our good friends over for lasagna and pumpkin pie. I literally was cooking pie, prepping lasagna, and finishing the sewing of the slipcovers and cleaning all at the same time tonight. I really wanted to be able to sit on the first set of chairs tonight at dinner. I managed to get 3 at the table. The 4th needs to have a couple more pocket screws put in so I can attach the top and bottom. I LOVE how they turned out. I still need to do the final hemming on the bottom of the slipcovers, but they are looking good!







Coming soon will be the other 4 slightly larger versions of the same chair. :-) 

No comments: