Sunday, October 9, 2011

Still Stalled and Blurry

After an MRI and tests, we have confirmation it was a random swollen optical nerve. I have been doing a 5 day series of IV steroids to bring down the swelling. This is helping a lot. I was down to barely 10% eyesight left in my right eye with lots of pain on Friday. Now after 4 of 5 treatments I can move my eye with no pain but I still only have maybe 75% eyesight. That is an improvement, but I want it all back!

The problem mostly lies right now in that I am having more trouble just making it through these 5 days. I will be honest and say I have lost my temper and whined a lot more than I normally would have. To start with they said I would get a "heightened sense of euphoria" with the meds. I did not. Instead I seemed to get the angry aggressive feelings instead. Not fun for me or the family. Then I lost my sense of taste as well ruining my meals, and my attempts at comfort dessert.

They wanted to just do one IV for the whole 5 days. Naturally the best vein was in my right hand. So I lost my dominate hand since we left the open line in there. But it started to hurt where they left the IV in so we took it out today before round 4. Today was training day at the docs and one nurse I had tried 2 times to put a new line in my left arm. When both failed, a different nurse tried and also failed for a line in the left. So I ended up with it back on my right side forearm. This has made me further whiny because my left arm aches and my right is even more useless than when it was in my right hand.

I have been writing all this left handed and it is taking FOREVER to get this much out. I prefer to be calm and just deal, but this has been more than I can take calmly. I hate feeling this lame. Boo!!!! I am hoping soon to be back up to snuff and then gorge myself on woodworking projects and getting caught up on things.

No comments: