Sunday, October 30, 2011

Frustration

I am getting NOWHERE. I know that is a bit of a hard leading line, but I feel that way sometimes. I was happy to give up my Saturday for friends and fun at the pumpkin patch (which was a real blast actually), but I am frustrated I didn't get out there and built the other 2 chairs. Seriously. It IS my fault I didn't work late on Friday night on any of this, but today was hard. I had to be responsible and an adult and sort laundry and clean and cook. Blah!

I did buy the extra 2x2s for the other chairs, but no cutting happened. I ended up sewing and that was it. I hate sewing. My sewing machine is cranky and not co-operating. I also ran out of thread and I just feel like whining. 

Since I have nothing nice to say, I wont say anything at all about this part of the weekend.

It appears I will only be allowed the time to work on this stuff during the week and not on weekends. I understand. So this last week I managed to build 2 of the 4 larger chairs. Or at least the framing of them are done. I made them wider and deeper and raised the back up a few inches as well. Here is a comparison of the size. Please forgive the mess. I DO have to do all of this in the garage and my woodworking is not the only use of the garage so I deal with the mess too.

These are the "captain's chairs" as my husband puts it. We are debating exactly how we will arrange them at the table, but it will be an experience either way. I put the chairs side by side so you can see the difference in height and depth pretty well. Naturally I will also be covering the larger chairs with the same 2 inch foam on the seat and 1 inch foam on the back. I also splurged on some 2x2 fir and I am going to replace the legs with this because it is a much nicer and stronger wood than the 2x2s I have used so far. 


Perhaps with luck, my evenings this week will be more fruitful than my Sunday has been. Happy building folks.

No comments: