Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Drawer

I spent the kids naptime and the evening and all I accomplished was one drawer. The drawer was easy enough to build, but I had a learning curve with the bottom mounted drawer slide. I usually do the ones for the sides and decided to give the center slide a try.

Then I spend a good hour trying to decide how I was going to design the front of the drawer. The plans called for me to do flat piece of plywood, but I wanted to give it a bit more flair. I came up with a design and I built the first one. I still plan on adding another piece of wood (not as deep as the framed edge). Just something to give a little extra to the drawer pull and not have the drawer pull get lost in the big square alone.

Here is the drawer and the drawer front.




But wait. I seem to have gotten ahead of myself. I am not sure I ever actually showed what the original plans are for the wall unit. While I got the basic plan for Knock-Off Wood's website, I am modifying it in small ways to meet our needs.


Today I stained most of 2 of the bases. I got the drawer and its cabinet stained, but the center piece of the base is only partially stained. The kids woke up from the nap and that means I have to stop. Speaking of which, the kids are now asking for dinner so once I again I must run.

Stay tuned for pictures of the bases stained!

No comments: