Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stage 2 of Install!

I was able to install the 3 cabinets FINALLY. When last I posted some pictures I had the carcasses built, but not trim work stain etc. Well here are a few to show how I got from there to here.

All trimmed out and I covered the sides of the plywood tops with the veneer tape. The wide piece at the top of the back is so that I can screw the whole cabinet to the wall stud for safety.


Time to stain it!!


And looking at it straight on. I didn't stain the tops because they are stacked that part wont show anyway.

Now they just needed the backs put on them and after 3 coats of shellac, I put them in the house!

I am going to build 2 of the next 3 cabinets with that shelf  at a different place. The stereo wont fit in there as it is. So they shelf will either be lowered or highered to make room for the stereo. So even though there are 2 on the right side, that top one will come back down and the adjusted ones I will build will go at that level. Then this cabinet will go on top of it all. I can't wait to get the others built. Its going to look so wonderful!




Obviously the base trim still isn't on there. Not to mention the cabinet doors are not on there either. Those are next on my list of things to get done. I am having a hard time figuring out what style of cabinet door to do. I am being a rebel and instead of making 2 cabinet doors for each cabinet, I am going to make 1 larger one for each one. Saves on hinges and the trouble of hanging them straight. Let's hope it doesn't look bad that way.

Stay Tuned for More to Come!

No comments: