Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Lost Weekend

I have no idea where the weekend went. It takes so long to get here and once it is here, its over before I even begin. It may just be me stalling, but my latest project of the bookshelves for the playroom is going REALLY slow. I think I may be stalling, but I may have just been busy. I have a lot on my mind and a lot of things going on. There is always the cooking, cleaning, work, doctor's appointments for the kids, daydreaming to keep me busy. I managed to barely get anything done on the bookshelves or my budget this weekend.

I am still very optimistic that I can start a side business in all this, but I guess I am unsure of where to begin. For every step there is another step that should be done before that one and before you know it, there IS no beginning step. Just one more excuse to not make this happen. I think no matter what career I end up in or what horrid accounting job I end up in the next 5 years. I do think I want a flex schedule. I want to work 6-3 or 4, 10 hour days so I can have more time at home. If I could be home before school is out, I wouldn't have to pay for after school care for my son which would be a HUGE boost to our bottom line. Not to mention the little bit more time that would give me for cooking dinner and nurturing a side business.

I bought 2 books on starting your own side business. They went through everything about LLC versus Sole Proprietor, marketing versus advertising. Everything I would need to know other than what is the first step. Do I want to build something else and try selling it. The table is still in my dining room and now my husband is in love with it so I am not even sure he wants me to sell it anymore. I want to build another one for us or another one to sell, but I don't want the same thing to happen again with having people flake on me.

Tonight I looked at my Etsy shop that never was. I have my profile on there and a pretty shop with just a banner at the top of some of the wood signs I made and sold. I don't want to sell them on Etsy, so its not the best banner. But I wonder if I could put some tables on there and say it has to be a local sale only with no shipping available? Can you do that? At least it wouldn't be Craigslist. While I love that site for buying stuff, its always like pulling teeth to sell something and have people show up. Seriously took me a month to sell a microwave on there for 20 bucks. I had tons of interest and people wanting it and then flaking and not showing up. It is part of what happens on CL, but it is also a HUGE frustration if I am selling something that I don't want to keep around.

I am rambling and for that I am sorry. I am avoiding doing my budget and filling out the birthday invitations for my son's party which is supposed to be this next Saturday. I am guessing most wont be able to come because I mistakenly waited for help from my husband to plan the party. Last year that meant a simple party at the park, but this year it means a simple pizza party. I should have learned by now to just deal with it myself, but I HATE planning parties and doing invites etc. Can you guess how simple of a wedding we had? Lovely, simply and short. Best kind right?

1 comment:

McKrola Family said...

For this time of year you could do raised garden boxes. Quick and easy. Help save up the new tool fund.