Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rain, Pain and Progress

Because this is Oregon, naturally on Sunday when I was supposed to put up that last wall, I felt this drop of water hit my cheek. It was NOT supposed to rain until Monday. Guess what came early. I rushed and got all my tools put away, but I wasn't sure what to do for the playhouse myself. I hurriedly grabbed this large plastic sheet things we had for under picnic blankets. At the time I had grabbed ones that were too large (10 ft by 15ft) but man I was happy about that just then.

I got the whole place wrapped up good. It rained pretty hard and I had to make a few adjustments to stop it from pooling on the plastic. My poor playhouse....


So I used all my clamps I have to keep the plastic on through rain all week. Today its Thursday and its finally dry and sunny today. I had spent the last few evenings in my garage building the last of the walls so that I could install them the moment the sun came out. So tonight after dinner I went out and finally installed those last few walls.

Here the kids show you the size of the playhouse. You can see the outlines of the door, the 2 windows in the front of the playhouse as well as the slope of the roof line. I just had the boards sitting there to keep the water from making a big pool on the plastic. Worked great to keep the water flowing off the roof. I guess that means it will work once I finish building the roof.






Next step is the sheeting for the outside and the roof!

No comments: