Thursday, June 30, 2011

Castle is Taking Shape

Its been a whirlwind of activity around the playhouse this last week or so. We got sunshine so I have neglected my blog so that I can spend most evening outside throwing up wood for an hour before or after dinner. Since I am working outside, I am trying my best to stop earlier than I ever would in the garage. Last weekend I had such a wonderful day. I got up early and I was outside making my first cuts at 9am. I wanted to make sure the neighborhood was up before I started. Not everyone has to cute adorable alarm clocks who can't sleep past 6am for ANYTHING. LOL.

I started on the tower and everything just fell into place. The kids played and helped out where they could and my daughter ended up taking a 3 hour nap where I finished the tower. My husband took a break from proof reading a manuscript to take my son to the World Beat Festival which meant I had practically a whole afternoon alone outside with my woodworking. I got the platform built and the stairs practically completed before the end of the naptime. I finished the steps and the walls and everything for the inside of the tower by bedtime!

Here I am looking through the small window into the tower. You can see the platform, but not quite the stairs in this photo.


I think this one shows the top step at least.


I even managed to get a couple more exterior walls on and once I have some more time this weekend I hope to have the whole darn thing done!! :-)

I am also super excited because I figured out what I am going to do about the small windows on the front of the tower. I am sooooo excited and I can't wait to get started. I hate that its Thursday today and not Friday.

This is going to be such a fun fun fun!!!

Oh and by the way, I also got both roofs screwed down and ready to go. I am getting the shingles tomorrow night and I will be ready to install that as well this weekend. :-)


No comments: