Saturday, July 2, 2011

Exterior Walls

It was a semi-productive day today. Once again I started at 9am, but somehow I didn't get much done until after lunch when I put my daughter to bed for nap time. Once I did that, I went outside and just blew through the front pieces and almost got the whole exterior covered. I bought the roofing materials last night, but didn't get around to the roof yet. I am going to have to do it early tomorrow. The afternoon heat is brutal and I can't imagine being on the roof sweating etc during the afternoon sun.

But first, remember this is what I am trying to recreate. This is a kit you can buy online for about 7K. I don't have that much money so I am building my own....sort of. I am not doing the dormer window above the front door (mostly because I couldn't figure out how to build that part) or the chimney thing because it seemed pointless. But the general idea is to get close to this......


Here is mine from close to the same angle. I still have a lot of work left to do, but given the small amount of time I can give to it on any given day. I am getting it built faster than I thought I would.


I do like the look of it. I can't wait to have the "great room" done where I can decorate and paint and play in there with the kids.


Stay tuned for what I get done tomorrow! :-)

No comments: