Monday, July 4, 2011

3 Day Weekend Progress

This weekend I accomplished a lot and yet not very much at the same time. On Saturday I jumped into the great scary world of shingles and roofing materials. I learned that it can get VERY hot while laying shingles down. That even with gloves on, your hands will ache and be scratched up.....well the scratched up I may have learned when I was learning to wear gloves while laying shingles.

With a larger roof, its easier because you can lay more without cuts. In a small roof, no matter what you do, you are cutting nearly every shingle. So it was a long 4 or so hours and I think it turned out okay. Or at least mildly okay. The flashing was a paint in my booty, but I think I tamed it. I have NO idea if I did it right, but hey, at least its on there and I can put a dab of water proof caulk might hide any boo-boos I may have done.


I also made great headway on the interior of the "great room". I got nearly all the walls completed. Then my daughter started to move in her play kitchen goods. I had mistakenly brought in her play kitchen I am building to see how it would fit. She got so excited she brought all kinds of toy food and bowls etc into the "kitchen". She made me sit on the floor and she made up some "medicine" to make my arm all better.....I wasn't even aware my arm was "sick". Well, I did get a touch of sunburn on my shoulders.

Anyway, I am trying to resist the urge to lay down some solid flooring and seal the inside even more than it already is. Must resist....I already feeling a bit of project fatigue. I am going strong and I am getting a lot done, but its getting harder and harder to get started each morning. There are so many tiny details left, but I am loving it either way. I am pretty proud of my little house I built.





No comments: