Sunday, July 10, 2011

Little Touches

I don't think I got very much time on the playhouse this weekend. I know I took most of this week off to be lazy and rest. I was feeling a bit burned out by the sheer number of hours I worked on it last weekend. Anyway, what I got done were a lot of small things. Things that if I took a picture of the place, it might not really show up as obviously as finished a full wall does.

I was able to finish putting up walls in the "great room". In previous pictures you could see it looked done, but behind me in the photo the inside of the door wasn't done. With that done, I was able to do a little primering and test painting a small spot of the wall to see how the color we picked out looks. Its going to be a bright yellowish color. I will primer the walls first so that's why there is the white background.



I have figured out what I will do for the window, but I have to actually sit down and build it and see if it will work. So it sits undone for now. I also went and trimmed out around the roof line as well. This will be painted white I think. My husband says this reminds him of the little rascals playhouse. That made me laugh.


I also finished the patio finally. I had to buy a couple more sheets of sheeting because the scraps I had just were not enough to cover it properly. For now I have just plain white wood as the topper for those walls. I will have to be very careful to primer and paint it well. Eventually I will go back and buy some expensive wood/product that can handle having water sit on it, but I am tapped out of money for expensive touches. Unless someone wants to donate to the cause, I will have to deal with cheaper materials for the rest of the project.


And that is about it. We had guests over for dinner on Saturday and today was so blooming hot that I couldn't do much. I did do all the stuff above today, but man I was hot. I wasn't able to work on it until late afternoon and that was the hottest time. Once I got the kids to bed I had to go to the store instead of working on this. Life happens.

Oh and for what it's worth I also cut the pieces I needed for the trim around the tower top. I don't know if there is a technical term for it, but the piece that has those ups and downs on it. I have them cut to width already. The trick I think is to paint these white BEFORE I put them up. I don't think I want to try to paint them white after installing them. Otherwise I would have had them up there already. I am learning this takes a lot of time and since I am doing all the work myself, my wonderful blog fans and family will have to wait for each step. If the weather holds out, I may try to get more done in the evenings by building the doors and doing some of the painting in the garage. Then I can be working on it later than I can outside where it would make too much noise.

I keep thinking I am just about there, but then I find a million other small details I have to do. Have patience. Its going to be really cool once its done, but it is not a fast build.

No comments: