Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Challenge to Myself

I have decided as a precursor to my 5 year plan, I am going to give myself a challenge. I am going to bet $300 on myself. Let me explain. I sold an extra bed we had for $300. Instead of being sensible and putting it into savings etc I am going to see what I can do with it.

The challenge is to see how much money I can turn it into. I will take that $300 and ONLY that $300 and build things to sell. I will document every penny and see what I can build and then sell. See if I can turn a profit, and if I can, I would like to see HOW much  I can make.

Its interesting. I could fail miserably and then I will be out the money. I would seriously hate to loose all that money, but part of this challenge is supposed to boost my confidence. I have to enter into this challenge believing that I can do it. That I have enough skill that someone would want to buy a table I built or a cabinet I build. I will have to plan carefully to make sure I don't overspend on wood.

Which means I will not be working on a single room for a bit. I will be probably staying up super late and not getting much rest during the week, but HEY it could be fun and a really interesting challenge. See what I can do with my own two hands. Woohoo!!

1 comment:

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

I love it! You are putting those accounting skills to good use. I hope you find that it IS possible to make money at this. You rock.