Monday, March 28, 2011

A HEAVY Thing of Beauty

I usually have to balance life between the kids, work, and woodworking. There is an added corner of this blog. The more I work on projects, the less time I have to update the blog. Then if I take a night and update the blog, I don't have time to get anything on the projects done. haha.

I took Thursday and Friday of last week off. I wanted to rest up and finish up stuff around the house. On Thursday I was able to finish putting the table together, sand the heck out of it and then stain it. I spent all weekend contemplating what finish I wanted to use. I ended up choosing poly because its easy to go on and I know it will provide a good strong finish.

The ultimate question of what I will sell it for needs to be addressed. Tonight I put the first coat of Poly on it. I will probably sand it a little and add another layer of poly each night for a couple of nights until I think its done. I hope to put it out there to sell on Friday. I figure I will set the price high (at $500, yikes) and say "or best offer" that way I can see the range of prices that come back to me if anyone bothers to email about it. If everyone is offering 200 then I know that is more appropriate of a price. If people jump ont he 500 and I have it sold instantly, then I know its too low.

At least I hope it sells and doens't get ignored!

The table weighs a ton, but after this coat of poly, I have to say I think its beautiful! I need to take pictures of it with the poly on, but so far I have these pictures I can share with you.










I do hate how it looks so different in all the pictures. My camera and flash really can't capture the color and its been raining so I can't bring it outside. The last 2 pictures are the closest to the actual color I could get.

At least its done!

No comments: